* Dates will be published soon for the annual National Day of Literature and Wine held in Saumur around May time. This event is hosted by our friends at Bouvet Ladubay (Les Journées Nationales du Livre et du Vin, Dédiées à l’acteur Jean Carmet, ces journées se situent à la croisée des deux grandes activités qui font la renommée de la France : sa littérature et son vin. Tables rondes au théâtre, dégustations.)
* News for all our Irish visitors is that Ryanair will be operating flights from Dublin direct to Tours in 2008. www.ryanair.com
* We now have a self catering option available from April 2008 for those of you who would like to stay by the gloriously wild Loire River in the UNESCO World Heritage Park. Here is the link :A Riverside Cottage
* Last weekend in July is Le grand-prix rétro in our local village of Le Puy Notre Dame don't miss this crazy event. Convertible bugatti's, amil car's, morgon's race around the tiny village and make a lap of honour every year past La Grande Maison.
* Even better news the red wines of Le Puy have just been awarded their own appellation AOC Saumur - Le Puy Notre Dame. After a 30 year campaign to be recognised we will now start to see the rising stars of the area, more creativity in production, variety in wine styles and the biodynamism that the village is capable of.